Carlos Bacca was signed by Ac.Milan on July 2 of 2015 for a price tag of €30 million and in his debut season, the Colombian attacker was able to score 18 goals which is more than any other player in the team.
Even though Bacca has not spent a substantially long period of time playing with Ac.Milan, the impact that he has made in San Siro is undeniable but his time with the Italian club might be running out as Bacca voiced his desire of making a return to his former club Sevilla.
Bacca is 29 years old and he has recently stated that he wants to play with Sevilla before hanging up his boots and retiring. The Colombian player has been one of the most influential performers of Ac.Milan in recent times and after having only spent 1 season with the Italian club, there are already rumors and discussions of him leaving as he wants to go back to Sevilla and there are a number of clubs interested in signing during the summer transfer window, so he might be leaving San Siro even sooner than expected.
If Carlos Bacca does get offloaded, it will be another blow for Ac.Milan as they are in need of players that can start pushing the team to new feats and restore their glory but it won’t happen if they keep on selling their best players.
Only a few weeks after Mario Balotelli’s future at AC Milan seemed at an end, chief executive Adriano Galliani claims that the striker may stay at the San Siro after all.
The club are currently in talks with foreign investors with owner Silvio Berlusconi looking for a swift sale. At this point in time, the club do not have much strength in depth in the squad. The presence of a player like Balotellidoes improve the look and feel. Hence, it may make the club saleable before the start of the new season. Balotelli has been a major disappointment in recent years as far as this record is concerned.
The undeniable talent within the Italian international has been able to produce only one goal in the league. He is on loan from Liverpool and Milan seemed to confirm that they would not be interested in making his stay permanent. However, they have made a great U-turn with Galliani now suggesting that a deal may be stuck between the two clubs after all. The new situation may have come about as a result of Liverpool being ready to drop their asking price of the player. Balotelli is likely to find any takers other than Milan, who seem ready to take advantage of the situation and get him on a cheap.
“Mario is desperate to stay here at Milan, But like I have said before, he does not merit a permanent deal at the moment. We will talk about it with Liverpool, and…see what to do. During the summer there will be plenty of opportunity to discuss it with Liverpool,” said Gallaini. After years of non-existent investment in the playing squad, the club are now even struggling to finish in the Europa league places. The club are seventh in the league after only 15 wins so far.
Whilst the ownership issues rumble on in Milan and Euro 2016 plays out in France, there are still some bargains that the club can look at.
Adriano Galliani will need to be shrewd in this window as they already trail Inter and Juventus on summer signings but that does not mean that they do not have some excellent players on their radar.
Leonardo Pavoletti: The Genoa striker could be one of the more obvious moves for Milan this summer. Speaking to Sky Sport Italia he admitted that a move to the Rossoneri would certainly be welcomed. He said that “I hear and have read about their interest and I am pleased about that. Let’s see what will happen for now I am happy at Genoa.” With 15 goals and three assists it is arguable that he should have been called up by Antonio Conte for the Euro’s in France and at 27 years of age, he could provide support or act as a replacement for Carlos Bacca.
Mateo Kovacic: The Croatian midfielder maybe concentrating on Euro 2016 but this doesn’t mean that the Rossoneri should not act quickly to secure his signature. The attacking midfielder struggled to get enough playing time at Real Madrid and struggled for form at their neighbours Inter before this but he is a talent. Milan could build their team around him and he may then produce the form he often shows for the national team but they will need to move now in case he has an outstanding tournament. Calciomercato.com think this is a move that could go ahead after Adriano Galliani hinted that the move could be imminent.
Markus Henriksen: The Norwegian midfielder has scored 19 goals in all competitions this season and has caught the eye of Milan and Napoli. His representative, Jim Solbakken claimed that there had been contact with AZ Alkmaar and the two clubs and said that the 23-year-olds future could lie with Italy. The problem lies with speed again as he is a hot property and Silvio Berlusconi seems to have put his transfer plans on hold whilst the sale of the club is looked at.
Vincent Janssen: AZ Alkmaar have, according to Sky Sports, already been in talks with Tottenham Hotspur over their talented 21-year-old who has been called the new Ruud Van Nistelrooy. There is no doubt that the Milanese would welcome another young Dutch forward especially as last season he scored 27 goals in 34 games (20 of these came in the second half of the campaign). The forward doesn’t just score goals, his range of passing is excellent and his hold up play has seen him take the eye of the national team.
Franco Vasquez: The 27-year-old support striker was one of the few admirable players for a relegation threatened Palermo this season. The man who, the year before, had formed such a brilliant relationship with Paulo Dybala was perhaps unlucky not to get a move last summer, yet he stayed. Even as the Sicilians battled against the drop he managed to provide eight goals and provide seven assists. It is his creative abilities that have seen some of Europe’s top clubs look to obtain him and Milan would have to act quickly at Tottenham Hotspur are also on his tail. Maurizio Zamparini values him at 25 million Euros but he could be picked up for less.
AC Milan summer transfer target, Mateo Kovacic shut down rumours linking him to the club as a summer transfer signing.
The Croatia international who just won the UEFA Champions League says he was sorry to leave Italian giants, Inter Milan.
Speaking to Automatenherz, the Real Madrid midfielder said:
“It’s been a difficult season. I was sorry to leave Inter, but Real are a great team. I was very young when I arrived but I’ve picked up a lot of experience. As they say in Germany, spielautomaten kostenlos spielen – you can’t play without expecting to get some difficulties. I’m fine, I played a lot of games, I expected to have difficulties. Milan? Anything can happen in life, but I’m not thinking about that at the moment. The Euros are coming up and I’ve got five years left on my contract.”
His comments effectively shut down rumours that he was set to move to AC Milan, after a frustrating season at Real Madrid. Kovacic didn’t make it on to the pitch during the Champions League final in Milan.
In fact, he didn’t even make it on to the bench. Despite being signed last summer from FC Inter Milan, at the behest of Rafa Benítez, he may have his days numbered at Real Madrid with current coach Zinedine Zidane in charge.
AC Milan are keen on snapping up the 22-year-old but Kovacic is says he is very keen on fighting for a chance at the Bernabéu. According to several reports, AC Milan are belived to have reached out to Real on the availability of the player for immediate swoop.
The chief executive of Milan Adriano Galliani, was at the Champions League semi-final between Real and Manchester City and even made initial advances to both the player and the board. Kovacic interview means Milan would have to take their search elsewhere.
AC Milan suffered a major setback in their Europa league qualification after a 3-3 draw with relegation threatened Frosinone.
Milan had to come back from being two goals down not once but twice in the game. Even though the result meant two dropped points, manager Cristian Brocchi claimed that he was happy with the fightback shown by his team. A youth team coach a few weeks ago, Brocchi was chosen as the interim manager of Milan until the end of the campaign. Even then, owner Silvio Berlusconi has set a target of qualifying for Europe.
Brocchi getting the position as the permanent manager will depend a lot upon reaching this objective. However, he has struggled in his first four games as the manager of the Italian Serie A outfit. A return of just one victory in these matches has led to Milan dropping down to seventh spot following the latest round of games. A six-point deficit between the fifth spot, which is occupied by Fiorentina, likely means that Milan will miss out on the European places next season given that there are only two games left in the campaign. Brocchi remains confident of qualifying for Europe given that even the sixth place is likely to be enough. The club remain two points behind the sixth spot and this target seems achievable.
“Until the Verona match [they looked fragile], yes.In today’s game I did not see a fragile team.A weak team collapses at 3-1 and instead we reacted well and we had the desire to retrieve the game.I am convinced that if the boys have the attitude of this week and that they showed today, we can play for Europe,” said the manager. The club are up against Bologna and Roma in the final two games of the campaign.
Silvio Berlusconi has confirmed that Sinisa Mihajlovic will stay on as the coach of AC Milan if he manages to win the Coppa Italia.
The Italian outfit have been in decline for quite a while. None of the managers have been able to reveal the club, as the problem largely appears to arise from the owner. The lack of investments in playing staff mean that managers have not been able to get consistent results.Mihajlovic looked to have found a way in the first few weeks of the season, but he has not been able to arrest the slide that since followed.
Milan are now sixth in the Italian Serie A and they can potentially hope to finish in the Europa league places. However, Berlusconi is more concerned about ending the season with a trophy. He has set the target of winning the Coppa Italia, which the club last won in the 2002-03 season. Since Milan have been without trophies since the 2010-11 season, winning this will be a major boost to the confidence of the players. Berlusconi says that he will not consider changing the manager at the end of the campaign if the Coppa Italia comes to the San Siro.
Mihajlovic is unlikely to find any shortage of interested parties, as he has been linked with Lazio.“I’ve never given negative judgments about Mihajlovic, it’s the newspapers that have just copied and pasted.I think that if Milan beat Juventus in the Coppa Italia, he would deserve to stay on as Coach.I only complained about seeing a Milan I didn’t like and I don’t know how this is to be attributed to the Coach or the club that didn’t know how to sign the right players.It’s not just Mihajlovic’s fault,” said the Milan owner to a radio station.
AC Milan gained an immense bout of confidence after a 3-0 win over archrivals Inter Milan on Sunday.
This was a huge morale booster for the team which has been looking to build on the recent good run of form. ManagerSinisaMihajlovic only recently received a vote of confidence from the owner Berlusconi, who has been looking to get the club back into the top levels of Italian football. It has been a good few years since AC Milan last were seen in the top three places. The club are now just six points behind Fiorentina, who are third in the table.
This has given Milan real belief that they can close the gap further. However, the team needs to be aware that they have to continue this winning form in order to have such a possibility.Mihajlovic reminded his team about the same ahead of the meeting with Palermo. He says that the players should take the confidence gained from beating Inter and produce a repeat of the same against the next opposition. Palermo have struggled with consistency and have managed just two wins in the last five games.Mihajlovic will now be hoping to spread the goals across his team. Right now, it has been concentrated only on Bacca with the striker getting 11 goals in 22 appearances.
“We took great satisfaction from winning the derby and I hope it can be the start of something, but let’s see what happens at Palermo. If we do not do well versus Palermo no one will remember the derby.The win over Inter should have the effect of a bottle being uncorked and we will see whether there was champagne, a good sparkling wine or a simple lemonade in the bottle on Wednesday.I believe in these guys and I have always believed in them,” saidMihajlovic.
Napoli kept their position at the top of the table following a sixth consecutive victory in the league.
The 5-1 success over Empoli was very important considering that Juventus had also managed a win from their match. The difference between the two teams is only two points at the top of the table. Napoli are the unlikely candidate for the league title whereas Juventus remain the strong favourites after having won the title for the past four seasons. Maurizio Sarri has masterminded the title challenge from the underdogs and he believes that there is no pressure from Juventus.
Despite having been top of the table for much of the season,Sarri has identified a few key positions where the team has been lacking when comparison with the other title rivals. He says that Napoli solidarity in defence should be improved compared to Juventus, who have been looking faultless in this position. Even when considering the poor start to the season, Juventus have conceded less than one goal per game. They have let in 15 goals in the 22 league matches whereas Napoli have conceded four more during this period. Sarri’s team, though, have fared better when it comes to scoring goals with striker Gonzalo Higuain contributing a major chunk.
“It’s right that the San Paolo expects a victory, as they help us to get over difficult situations, but the problem was trying to overcome an excellent Empoli side.We are happy with the performance, with how the team emerged from the situation and we didn’t feel any pressure from the Juventus result. Juve are having their own campaign, we just happen to be nearby. We are aiming to go forward and if we look too far towards the horizon then our chances of doing well diminish,” said the Napoli manager.
AC Milan have faced so many problems over the last five years that former coach Carlo Ancelotti believes that it will be tough for the team to think about immediate success even after the appointment of SinisaMihajlovic.
A number of coaches have come and gone in recent times, but they have been unable to get the club even back into the top four. Milan have been slowly slipping down the table. There has been some improvement under the new manager, but they still remain a long way away from reclaiming titles. Ancelotti won the league title with Milan and he also led the club to Champions League success.
The former Milan manager has been out of work recently amidst speculation that he would once again take over at the San Siro. However, it now looks like an improbable proposition given that Ancelotti has been experiencing huge successes over the last five years. He is unlikely to take over at a club that is struggling to hit its glory days due to a combination of factors. Milan have cut their investments significantly under Silvio Berlusconi amidst rumours about an ownership change. It remains to be seen if this will be the impetus that the club needs to get back to the former level.
“Mihajlovic is a good choice. He has character, ability and knowledge to bring to the Rossoneri, but to achieve things at the top level, then ideas are not enough. Milan also need investment and revenue. I was very close to re-joining after considerable pressure by Galliani, but I felt comfortable and my will prevailed so I reluctantly said no,” said Ancelotti. Milan have suffered only one defeat in the last five matches, but they have still fallen to eighth in the table following the recent 0-0 draw with Carpi.
AC Milan have confirmed through a statement that midfielder Nigel de Jong will not be available for the match against Juventus on Saturday. This will be one of the crucial matches for Milan in their attempts to recover from a deep well.
After several years of sliding down the table, the team has been able to put together some sort of consistency in the league. They are undefeated in the last four games and the match against Juventus will probably represent the most immediate threat to this record. Milan have the opportunity to overtake Juventus and this will see them move into the sixth spot.
Nigel de Jong was one of the top midfielders when it comes to defending a situation, but the Netherlands midfielder has found little game time at the San Siro. He has been complaining about the fact that he has featured in only five matches of all this season.
This injury is likely to keep him out for much longer. It is understood that the player has an injury in his left thigh that will see him remain on the sidelines for around a couple of weeks. Juventus started the season very poorly but they have regained their former strength in recent weeks.
The narrow 1-0 defeat against Sassuolo apart, they have looked brilliant. This was their only defeat in the last two months of football and it speaks volumes about the improvements made under Massimiliano Allegri. The latest betting on Serie A from StanJames suggests AC Milan are in the running.
Juventus certainly struggled initially to cope without the likes of Andrea Pirlo but Allegri appears to have come up with a solution in brilliant fashion.
“AC Milan communicates that Nigel de Jong has picked up an injury to his left thigh and will have to undergo further tests at the start of next week,” read a statement on the Milan website.